CALL FOR ARTIST FACILITATORS
Lakeshore Arts is looking to engage 3 artist facilitators, with practices in a diverse range of media (visual arts, music, performing arts and/or digital arts), to create a unique series of workshops for each of YAM’s 2018-2019 programming semesters:
- Fall 2018: October 2 – December 4, 2018
- Winter 2019: January 15 – March 26, 2019 (excluding March Break: March 13)
- Spring 2019: April 2 – June 4, 2019
Each semester is 10-weeks in length, 2 hours per week, for a total of 20 hours per semester.
- Experience working with youth within a community engaged arts practice
- Available to teach in Toronto’s west end on Tuesdays from 3:45 – 6:15 PM for one of the outlined semesters
- Clear verbal and written communication, including email correspondence
- Ability to implement problem solving skills and use independent judgement
- Experience with class management – resolving challenges and conflicts among youth
- Ability to work collaboratively as a team with LSA staff and program assistants
How To Apply:
- Cover Letter expressing your interest and how you heard of the opportunity
- Resume or CV (2 pages max)
- A sample program proposal* (1 page maximum) that is rooted in your personal artistic practice including which semester you would prefer.
- 4 images of your work and/or past workshops, or provide a links any online content
*Please note all submitted proposals are the content of the artist. LSA will not reproduce or utilize any of the unique content submitted without the artist’s involvement. Once an artist’s proposal is selected they will work with LSA to deliver the collaborate and deliver the content to achieve the program’s outcomes.*
Please submit all application materials in ONE .docx or .pdf file (10MB maximum) by Friday, August 24, 2018 at 5pm with the subject “YAM Call for Artist Facilitators” to Adrienne Costantino at email@example.com
Lakeshore Arts is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining an environment where all individuals are treated with dignity and respect in adherence to the City of Toronto’s anti-discrimination policy. As such, we invite qualified applicants of all backgrounds to apply. Consideration to both emerging and established artists will be given. Decisions will be made by LSA’s Programming Team. We thank all who apply but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Click for full job posting
CALL FOR PHOTOGRAPHY INSTRUCTORS
Lakeshore Arts is seeking a Digital Photography/Graphic Design Instructor to co-facilitate the Shazaam! In Focus program in grade 8 classrooms at local schools. The successful candidate will work collaboratively with a Spoken-Word/Creative Writing Instructor to co-facilitate this 6-day (12 hour) in-school program.
- Experience teaching youth ages 12-15 (in-classroom experience is a bonus)
- Experience guiding students through basic photography using digital point-and-shoot cameras
- Ability to teach basic Photoshop manipulation skills to youth
- Possess a current Vulnerable Sector check or be willing to work with Lakeshore Arts to attain one before program start date.
- Available to attend a training session on Thurs. Sept. 13, 2018 from 6-9 pm.
- Available to co-facilitate a 6-day session of the Shazaam! In Focus program in South Etobicoke on September 26, 27, 28 & October 3, 4, 5.
- Available to co-facilitate multiple sessions of the Shazaam! In Focus program in North and South Etobicoke throughout the 2018-19 school year (exact dates/times TBD, based on school bookings)
How To Apply:
Lakeshore Arts is an equal opportunity employer and invites interested candidates to submit a resume and cover letter (combined in a single PDF attachment) via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Digital Photography/Graphic Design Instructor” in the subject line. The application deadline is August 23, 2018 at 5pm. We thank all who apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Interviews will take place the week of August 27-31, 2018.
Click for full job posting
Share this Post