Lakeshore Arts currently has two opportunities available – Interim Operations Manager and Artist Facilitator
OPERATIONS MANAGER – LAKESHORE ARTS
Date Posted: Tuesday February 14, 2017
Application Deadline: Friday March 3, 2017 at 5pm
Interviews: Tuesday March 21, 2017
Start Date: Monday April 24, 2017
Salary: $42,000 – $45,000 commensurate with experience
Term: Full-time/ One – year maternity leave contract
Lakeshore Arts is a not for profit community arts organization who believes in the transformative power of the arts to create change. Our mandate encourages us to be inclusive as a means of strengthening community; our values embrace the arts to create healthy and vibrant neighbourhoods. We strive to create broad community awareness of the arts through our innovative programming and advocacy work and have developed partnerships and networks to sustain local art activity.
This is an excellent opportunity to join the team of an organization that has excelled in the community arts sector for the past 24 years.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Operations Manager is a key member of the management team of Lakeshore Arts. The Operations Manager is the strategic link between many aspects of the organizational development and the organization’s sustainability. They work in a supervisory role to perform a number of essential and diverse administrative tasks related to the organization’s office coordination, facilities management, board development, financial management, membership and volunteer management, development initiatives, marketing and communications, and strategic planning. Due to the multifaceted nature of this position, the responsibilities of the Operations Manager will be divided into the following categories:
- Manage the operational systems, processes, and policies that support the organization’s staff and uphold Lakeshore Arts’ mission.
- Manage daily office coordination and maintain the office/gallery space and facility needs.
- Manage the day-to-day financial operations in consultation with the Executive Director and Bookkeeper.
- Assist Executive Director with the Strategic Plan, processes and logistics.
- Prepares monthly board reports and coordination of Annual General Meeting.
- Manage operational staff including interns and contract staff.
- Provide support and resources to the Gallery Coordinator in the development of the Lakeshore Arts’ Volunteer Program.
- Manage the general administration of facility rentals….
Click to see full posting
How to Apply:
Lakeshore Arts is an equal opportunity employer and invites interested candidates to submit a resume and cover letter (combined in a single PDF attachment) via email to email@example.com with the Subject Line “Interim Operations Manager”. The application deadline is Friday March 3, 2017 at 5pm. We thank all who apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or drop-ins.www.lakeshorearts.ca
CALL FOR 2017 FAÇADE ARTIST
Deadline: March 5, 2017
Position: Part-time hours throughout April & May 2017
Façade is a public art program held at Lakeshore Collegiate Institute (LCI) that provides opportunities for high-school students from different educational streams to work collaboratively on art projects under the guidance of artistic professionals. The objective of this program is to expose students to a wide variety of art practices that will allow them to beautify and leave legacy pieces within their school. Each year, the Façade project changes. Since 2009, participating LCI students have worked with professional artists to create 2 murals, a mosaic wall, a sculptural bench, and a series of self-portraits. This year we are excited to embark on what we are calling the Cornerstone Project!
Lakeshore Arts is seeking an artistic professional to facilitate this year’s Façade project: Cornerstone. The successful candidate will work with the School Programs Coordinator to facilitate this in-school program for students at Lakeshore Collegiate Institute throughout April – May 2017.
- Experience working with concrete
- Experience with public art projects and installations
- Experience teaching youth in a school environment
- Possess a current Vulnerable Sector check
- Available to teach in Toronto’s west end during the daytime on Wednesdays and Thursdays throughout April and May 2017
Click to see full posting
How To Apply:
Lakeshore Arts is an equal opportunity employer and invites interested candidates to submit a resume and cover letter (combined in a single PDF attachment preferred) via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Façade Artist” in the subject line. The application deadline is March 5th 2017. We thank all who apply but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Share this Post