Would you like to dance? Over 60? Are you able-bodied and adventurous? Then we want YOU!
Arts Etobicoke, Lakeshore Arts and City of Toronto have partnered to present Dancing in The Third Act: a community dance project which will engage 12 Etobicoke seniors in an internationally recognized dance production under the guidance of award winning choreographer Randy Glynn. The production is a signature project for the City of Toronto’s Cultural Hotspot West: Etobicoke.
Seniors involved DON’T NEED ANY PREVIOUS DANCE TRAINING, just a willingness to try and the ability to work as a team. Participants will be needed from March-May 2015 for 3-hour sessions of FREE instruction and rehearsal, 3 times a week. All participants are not required for all rehearsals, however you should be able to make a commitment to 90% of the dates.
When & Where:
Workshops/rehearsals: March 9 to May 19
Public performances: May 20, 21 & 22
Location: Silverthorn Collegiate Institute, 291 Mill Rd (near Burnhamthorpe)
- Must be 60+
- NO DANCE TRAINING REQUIRED
- Able bodied
- Willing to put in the time
- Available from March-May 2015
- An adventurous spirit
If you fit the above requirements and are interested in joining our company of dancers, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information.
- Name and ages
- Do you participate in any physical activities? (dance, yoga, pilates, sports, etc.)
- Your hobbies
- Any social dancing experience? (ballroom, line dancing, etc.)
- Do you play an instrument
- A sentence or two answering the question “Why do you think this would be an interesting project?”
- Email and phone number
Deadline for submissions: January 16, 2015
We will be auditioning potential dancers on February 17 & 18, 2015